Santa Cruz Attractions
Santa Cruz: Quintessential California
Santa Cruz California is the quintessential beach town rich in history, art, culture, natural beautiful and is home to the oldest seaside wooden roller coaster. The perfect year-round destination for families and couples, Santa Cruz attractions provide visitors and locals alike a diverse range options. Come Visit Santa Cruz and experience what makes our beach town so unique. Also don't forget to check out our Santa Cruz experiential packages for the complete vacation getaway.
Looking for some insider tips from experienced travelers? Check out Bay Area Buzz's "Weekend Fun Guide" for top Santa Cruz picks of what to "See & Do", where to "Eat" / "Play" and of course where to "Stay". Click here to read all about their adventure!
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
BEST SEASIDE PARK IN THE WORLD
Distance: 4.2 miles
The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is recognized as the best seaside park in the world. Providing amusement thrills and family fun for over a century, the admission free boardwalk is quintessential California—renowned for its exciting rides, remarkable history, unique beach setting, and friendly attitude. Beyond the rides, the Boardwalk is home to the largest selection of games in Northern California, a two-story miniature golf course, and laser tag arena.
Vist www.BeachBoardwalk.com for more information, operating schedule and much more.
Outdoor Adventures in Santa Cruz
High-Rise Canopy Tour & Zip Line Adventure
Distance: 9.7 miles
Hiking Santa Cruz County State Parks & Beaches
World Class Golfing
IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD DAY FOR GOLF
Distance: 2.8 miles
Learn to Surf
Club Ed Surf School - www.club-ed.com
Distance: 4 miles
SUP - Stand-up Paddle Boarding
Distance: 3 miles
Historic Steam Train - Roaring Camp Railroads
Distance: 9.3 miles
Spend a relaxing afternoon aboard a sail boat in the middle of the beautiful Monterey Bay. Sail by the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Walton Lighthouse, beautiful beaches, and be sure to keep an eye open for the rich sea life in the bay. A number of charter companies depart from Santa Cruz Yacht Harbor, just minutes from Chaminade Resort & Spa.
- O'Neill Yacht Charters - www.Oneillyachtcharters.com
- The Chardonnay II Sailing Charter - www.chardonnay.com
- Pacific Yacht & Sailing - www.pacificsail.com
- Stagnaros Sport Fishing, Charters & Whale Watching Tours - www.stagnaros.com
Distance: 4 miles
Arts & Culture
SANTA CRUZ MUSEUMS
Looking for an educational travel experience? Visit one of Santa Cruz County’s museums, just a short drive from Chaminade Resort & Spa.
- The Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History (MAH) and Abbott Square is the newest art and dining hub of downtown Santa Cruz. With ever changing exhibits, Friday night music and more, the MAH and Abbott square is definitely worth checking out during a stroll in downtown Santa Cruz. 3.4 miles
- The Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History offers a variety of exhibits exploring this region's unique natural and cultural history. Located just 1 block from the Pacific Ocean and just 10 minutes from Chaminade Resort & Spa, the museum of Natural History is a great place to connect kids with nature, and inspire stewardship of the natural world. 3.3 miles
- The Seymour Marine Discovery Center at Long Marine Laboratory offers truly unique opportunity to visit a working marine laboratory. Complete with exhibit halls, aquarium, touch tanks, tours to marine mammal research overlook, and much more, you will not want to miss out. 6.8 miles
- The Monterey Bay Sanctuary Exploration Center, is an interactive, multi-media eco-learning experience with hands-on activities, wide-screen real-time underwater video, and other exciting exhibits fit for the whole family. 4.2 miles
Santa Cruz Performing Arts & Entertainment
Whether you’re looking for classical music, theatre, concerts of well-known artists, or the local music scene, Santa Cruz has it all.
- With performances throughout the year, the Santa Cruz Chorale presents concerts in a cappella and with orchestras.
- The Santa Cruz County Actor's Theater is a leading producer of new plays and host to many independent productions at its theater.
- The Four-Eighteen Project performs dance theater and cultural dance expressions.
- Rio Theatre and The Catalyst book popular artists that are always a great, fun option.
- Though you won’t see them performing together there, music lovers will want to check out the Grateful Dead Archive, located at the University of California Santa Cruz.
- A professional repertory company and acclaimed as one of the nation's top ten most influential Shakespeare companies. Learn more at www.santacruzshakespeare.org
- Moe's Alley features the best in live entertainment 6 nights a week. From Blues to Salsa, Rhumba to Reggae, we have something for everyone to enjoy. Our spacious music hall, friendly staff, full bar, outdoor patio, and best of all great live music, create an unforgettable experience. Located just one mile from Chaminade Resort & Spa!
SAN LORENZO VALLEY: MEANDERING THE SANTA CRUZ MOUNTAINS
Once home to a bustling logging industry, the San Lorenzo Valley meanders through the Santa Cruz Mountains following its namesake waterway, the San Lorenzo River. From towering redwood forests, 100 year old steam trains, high flying zipling to award winning wine tasting, the San Lorenzo Valley is a laid back valley brimming with adventure.
CAPITOLA: SIP, STROLL, SEA
If Santa Cruz is quitessential, Capitola is quaint. Seaside charm brings visitors to this shopping, dining, sightseeing hub of Santa Cruz County. Just south of Santa Cruz and a few short minutes from Chaminade Resort & Spa, Capitola Village is the Pacific coast’s oldest seaside resort town and one of the county's most beloved areas to shop, stroll and take a dip in the sea.
South County: Adventures South of Santa Cruz
South Santa Cruz County includes the communities of Corralitos, La Selva Beach, Watsonville, Pajaro Dunes, Royal Oaks and Freedom. From gorgeous sunsets at Manresa State Beach, wildlife viewing along the sloughs of Elkhorn Slough to wine tasting at the world-renowed Annie Glass factory outlet.