Meetings & Events
Experience Chaminade Resort Safely
Our Path to Meetings
We are welcoming travelers far and wide back to the Santa Cruz Mountains. Here, you can breathe easy— and not just because of the salty sea air blowing in from Monterey Bay. You will be at ease knowing we're doing everything we can to ensure your return to Chaminade is as safe as possible. We have intensified our commitment to cleanliness and revised every touch-point from check-in to check-out.
We offer a wide variety of outdoor recreation activities and dining options to enjoy. Hike along miles of trails take a swim in our heated outdoor pool, enjoy lawn games including bocce ball, cornhole, and Frisbee golf, play tennis, and savor The View Restaurant on our expansive terrace overlooking Santa Cruz and Monterey Bay.
Prioritizing the health and safety of our guests has always been one of many ways we strive to "Be the Difference." But we have also revisited each step of our housekeeping processes so that you come happy and leave healthy.
– Kevin Herbst, General Manager
Let's MeetFollowing are the key items meeting planners, attendees and social catering guests should expect during their visit to Chaminade Resort. This is an overview of guidelines and safety protocols that follow CDC standards, state and local regulations. Your Chaminade event planner will consult on a case-by-case basis to help you better understand each group’s user needs and preferences, as well as how to best follow the state and CDC guidelines.
MEETING ROOM SET CONFIGURATIONS
- Public Spaces: Reduced seating in public areas for optimal spacing.
- Seating capacities and floor plans will be reviewed on an event-by-event basis to ensure appropriate physical distancing matches the clients wishes and preferences
ENHANCED HEALTH & SAFETY STANDARDS
For group events and gatherings in meeting and event spaces:
- Shared equipment and meeting amenities will be sanitized before and after each use or ensure single-use if they are not able to be sanitized.
- All linens will be replaced after each use.
- Linen-less tables will be used whenever possible.
- Hand-sanitizer stations will be placed in multiple locations in accordance with CDC recommendations.
- Sanitation stations can be added inside the meeting rooms upon request.
- High-touch surfaces and common touch-point areas will be consistently sanitized with EPA-approved chemicals rated for emerging viral pathogens.
- All hard surfaces in meeting spaces will be sanitized, arms of chairs will be disinfected, and other detailed surfaces will be cleaned nightly.
- Signage will be posted outside of meetings and events reminding guests of appropriate physical distancing guidelines.
RECOMMENDED BEST PRACTICES
- Encourage physical distancing and controlled mingling during mealtimes.
- Staggered entrance and exit timing for events (i.e. enter and exit by batches of participants) and increase the number of entry and exit points into the event venue when possible.
- Excuse guests in intervals during breaks and/or meals to limit crowding in public space. We recommend 10 attendees at a time.
- Podiums and all A/V equipment in meeting rooms should be cleaned between sessions and after facilitator use.
- Setup breaks inside your meeting space or your breakout rooms++
- Consider contactless check-in using badge scanners.
- We discourage the use of pads and pens. These will be available upon request.
- Air purifiers are set in every meeting room.
- The HVAC system filters have been upgraded to Merv 13 rating. Merv 13 filters remove very fine particles from the air, as well as potential allergens like mold, pet dander, bacteria, even particles that carry viruses. The Merv 13 filter is up to 30 times more effective and lasts 3 times longer than ordinary fiberglass filters.
- To obtain outside air filtration in the upstairs meeting areas that do not have direct outdoor access, we have installed four economizers, which allows for outdoor air to be pushed through the filtration system
FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE
- Refillable water stations will be available in place of water carafes.
- Bottled water available upon request++.
- Coffee stations and break items will be set up with minimal touchpoints and include sanitation supplies.
- All plated and family-style meals will be available and served safely tableside.
- All food and beverage prepared for buffets will be procured, prepared, and distributed using the highest food safety standards.
- Food prepared for a buffet will be produced by trained food handlers who are screened each day prior to their working shifts.
- Traditional buffet and food setups may be replaced with multiple single sided stations.
- Buffet food stations will have sanitation supplies available before and after use. Buffet attendants are available upon request++
- Guests are encouraged not to reuse plates, utensils, or cups. Flatware will be provided in a rollup.
- To-go options are available in addition to meal service through our restaurant.
What We're Doing Differently
BEFORE YOUR STAY
- Have peace of mind knowing that our staff has undergone mandatory Covid-19 safety training and completes a daily health screening prior to each shift.
- Guest rooms are thoroughly sanitized before your stay.
- Amenities including pens, pads, magazines, and menus have been removed from rooms.
- Remote controls are sanitized and placed in a sealed bag for each new guest.
- A welcome kit with hand sanitizer, masks, and extra trash bags is available upon request at check-in.
DURING YOUR STAY
- Housekeepers will not enter rooms during your stay.
- Guests are asked to place trash/recycling outside the guest room doors daily.
- Linens are exchanged upon request by placing bags outside guestroom doors.
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas utilizing hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Plexiglass installed at the front desk.
- Physical distancing encouraged in line.
- Keycards sanitized before each use.
- Sanitization stations available throughout the main villa
- Thoroughly sanitized before your stay.
- Accommodations feature 156 guest rooms and suites nestled among towering Eucalyptus trees and natural landscape.
- Eleven two-story villas, no elevator required. Spread across more than 100 wooded acres.
- Some guest room types include patios and balconies.
- Join us at The View, A Treeside Restaurant offering indoor or outdoor dining overlooking Santa Cruz and the Monterey Bay.
- Our expansive terraces allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- We're encouraging guests to get outdoors to enjoy a wide variety of activities including bocce ball, cornhole,horseshoes, and disc golf. Guests can venture out on miles of trails and enjoy the fresh mountain air while hiking through towering Redwood and Eucalyptus trees. When the meetings are done for the day, guests can take a dip in the pool, soak in the hot tub, and tell stories around a bonfire!
- Looking for a workout? Our 1,700 s.f. fitness center open daily from 6 am - 8 pm offers a spacious workout floor, complete with the latest cardio equipment including Pelaton and machines. Fitness classes are available most days.
Elevate, Refresh & Reconnect
For every meeting that must be done, let us include a bit of fun! Elevate your group meeting or event to Chaminade's 300-acre mountaintop retreat and reinvigorate your team with signature teambuilding activities.
Meetings are distinctively playful at Chaminade Resort & Spa. We encourage productive play; in fact, we reward it! Enjoy a spectacular mountain retreat in Santa Cruz with all the amenities of a resort. Bright and comfortable meeting space set to your specifications. All meeting spaces offer windows and many with views of the Monterey Bay. Our Benchmark Conference Plan provides ease of planning and budgeting, leaving more time for play!
For a limited time, contract a Chaminade Signature* Teambuilding Experience and enjoy a 2nd one at 50%
For more information, please contact Group Sales at 831.465.3421 or Submit a Request for Proposal.
*Requires contracting 10+ rooms per night; team building special must be included at time of contracting; team building selections include Chaminade Signature Classics.
Team building activities to enhance productivity and meeting success!
Why Play? Play boosts productivity, creativity, innovation and problem solving. Play helps develop and improve social skills among your team. Make play part of your next meeting!
At Chaminade Resort & Spa we are dedicated to creating unique, memorable events for team building, corporate meetings, management retreats, leadership trainings and more. We facilitate programs to challenge, impress and grow your team.
Our approach is to actively listen, discuss and offer solutions to meet your requirements. Whether it be an intense Culinary Chili Cook-Off, thrilling Ropes Course Challenge, or customized activity, we'll work with you every step of the way.
CHAMINADE RESORT & SPA CLASSICS
- Culinary Team Building
- Southwest Chili Cook-Off *
- Salsa Challenge *
- Chaminade Classics
- Egg Protection Device*
- Scavenger Hunt *
- Boat Building *
Click Here For Additional Team Building Experiences at Chaminade Resort & Spa
*Indicates "Chaminade Signature Classics" team building event.