Meet Our Experience Creators
Let us help you transform your travel itinerary into not only an experience, but a memory making, location trekking, story to inspire and look back on for years to come. Meet Chaminade Resort & Spa's storytellers, destination experts and most of all Santa Cruz Experience Creators.
Paige - Spa Supervisor
What one word describes a weekend adventure that is preapproved by Paige? NATURE
One thing that separates Santa Cruz County from its northern and southern county friends is the abundance of California State Parks and Beaches. Here are Paige's TOP 5 nature inspired "things to do" when she's not at the spa:
- Favorite Place To Hike: The Forest of Nisene Marks State Park located in Aptos, Ca, just 20 minutes south of Chaminade Resort. Family friendly, some trails dog friendly, biking and dip your toes in the cool Aptos Creek that runs year-round.
- Favorite Place To Take Out Of Town Guests: Big Basin State Park "I love Big Basin and the trees are huge! If it’s warm there is a great little swimming hole, the Garden of Eden in Felton on the way up to Big Basin."
- Favorite Wineries For Tasting & Picnicking: "There are many beautiful wineries in the Santa Cruz mountains. I like to pack a picnic and drive up to Wrights Station for a glass of wine. The property is beautiful! Regale Winery is also across the street and great to check out." Combine wine, a picnic and mother nature's beautiful views that equals a perfect day.
"B" - Fitness Attendant
We asked "B" a true "Santa Cruz Local" a few questions about life, living and Santa Cruz faves!
How long have you lived in Santa Cruz?
- "I’m a born and raised local. I was actually delivered at Dominican Hospital, which is just down the lane from the hotel. Though I left to study on the East Coast and, after graduating from college, spent significant time living abroad, I have always been proud to call Santa Cruz home."
Favorite Santa Cruz spot to: relax, catch the sunset & hike?
- Sunny Cove Beach for relaxation and sunny vibes
- Daytime adventure hike in the recently revamped 640 acre hiking, biking, dog walking Pogonip Open Space
- Catch a sunset, while watching surfers "catch a wave" at the Hook at Pleasure Point.
If you were to take a friend to one of your fave spots— where would that be and why?
- "Penny Ice Creamery or the original O’Neill shop— not only for delicious scoops or sweet merch, but because of what both these stores symbolise to me— little reminders that despite being a somewhat isolated, sleepy beach town, we are home to persons and businesses of national and even international significance."