Experience Santa Cruz—Safely
Chaminade Resort & Spa is ready to welcome travelers far and wide back to the Santa Cruz Mountains. Here, you can breathe easy—and not just because of the salty sea air blowing in off Monterey Bay. You'll be at ease because we're doing everything we can to ensure your return to Santa Cruz is as safe as possible.
We've intensified our commitment to cleanliness and revised everything from check-in to check-out to ensure you can enjoy all the beloved Chaminade experiences safely.
Latest Update: March 28, 2021
Chaminade Resort & Spa remains open with a wide variety of outdoor recreation activities and to-go dining options to enjoy. Hike along miles of trails, take a swim in our heated outdoor pool, hot tubs, enjoy lawn games including bocce, cornhole, horseshoes, and frisbee golf, play tennis, and savor dine-out service on our expansive terrace overlooking Santa Cruz and Monterey Bay. We ask those who are visiting to wear a mask and maintain safe physical distance with other guests.
The View, A Treeside Restaurant Current Hours
Open for indoor seating and outdoor al fresco dining on our expansive heated terrace
Prioritizing the health and safety of our guests has always been one of many ways we strive to "Be the Difference." But we've also revisited each touchpoint of our housekeeping process so that you come happy and leave healthy.
Before Your Stay
- Have peace of mind knowing that all of our staff has had mandatory elevated Covid-19 safety training
- Your room will be thoroughly sanitized.
- Amenities including pens, pads, magazines and menus have been removed from rooms. Remote controls are sanitized and placed in a sealed bag for each new guest.
During Your Stay
- PPE Kits are available for all guests at the Front Desk
- Housekeepers will not enter rooms during guest stays.
- Guests will place trash/recycling and exchange linens upon request by placing bags outside their guestroom door.
- Intensified daily commitment to cleanliness and hygiene, including additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates.
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas utilizing hospital-grade disinfectant.
Don't let distance get between you and a getaway to the Santa Cruz Mountains. 300 wooded acres and well-spaced accommodations options make it easy to physically distance at Chaminade, though we're taking these extra steps to protect your health and safety.
- Plexiglass installed at the front desk
- Physical distancing encouraged in line
- Keycards sanitized before each use
- Sanitization stations available
- Thoroughly sanitized before your stay
- Our accommodations feature 156 guest rooms and suites nestled among towering Eucalyptus trees and natural landscape. Eleven two story villas, no elevator required, are spread throughout 100 wooded acres.
- Some guest room types include patios and balconies.
- Lawn Games; bocce ball, cornhole, horseshoes, disc golf; also available are the tennis and pickle ball courts
- Bonfire & S'mores for a family of our available daily 7 - 9 pm. Charges apply. Reservations required. Add to reservation during booking or visit/call front desk for details during stay.
- Spa: Steam rooms are currently closed
- Pool & Hot Tub: Open Daily 6 am - 11 pm with appropriate physical distancing required
- Fitness Center: Open Daily 6 am - 8 pm with appropriate physical distancing required
The Santa Cruz Mountains are characterized by their sweeping scenery, peace and quiet. That means it's the perfect place to get away while leaving space for your health and safety. Go for a hike, take in the views, or simply relax in a room that's not your own.
- Take in amazing views of Santa Cruz from the restaurant patio
- Go for a hike along miles of hiking trails through the woods
- Play tennis or outdoor games on the sports lawn