Experience Santa Cruz—Safely
Chaminade Resort & Spa is ready to welcome travelers far and wide back to the Santa Cruz Mountains. Here, you can breathe easy—and not just because of the salty sea air blowing in off Monterey Bay. You'll be at ease because we're doing everything we can to ensure your return to Santa Cruz is as safe as possible.
We've used our time away to reimagine what it really means to "Be The Difference," as our mantra goes. In light of COVID-19, we've intensified our commitment to cleanliness and revised everything from check-in to check-out to ensure you can enjoy all the beloved Chaminade experiences safely.
Prioritizing the health and safety of our guests has always been one of many ways we strive to "Be the Difference." But we've also revisited each touchpoint of our housekeeping process so that you come happy and leave healthy.
Before Your Stay
- Have peace of mind knowing that all of our staff has had mandatory elevated Covid-19 safety training
- Your room will be thoroughly sanitized.
- Amenities including pens, pads, magazines and menus have been removed from rooms. Remote controls are sanitized and placed in a sealed bag for each new guest.
- Guests will receive a welcome kit with hand sanitizer, masks, and extra trash bags.
During Your Stay
- Housekeepers will not enter rooms during guest stays.
- Guests will place trash/recycling and exchange linens upon request by placing bags outside their guestroom door.
- Intensified daily commitment to cleanliness and hygiene, including additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates.
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas utilizing hospital-grade disinfectant.
Don't let distance get between you and a getaway to the Santa Cruz Mountains. 300 wooded acres and well-spaced accommodations options make it easy to physically distance at Chaminade, though we're taking these extra steps to protect your health and safety.
- Plexiglass installed at the front desk
- Physical distancing encouraged in line
- Keycards sanitized before each use
- Sanitization stations available
- Thoroughly sanitized before your stay
- Our accommodations feature 156 guest rooms and suites nestled among towering Eucalyptus trees and natural landscape. Eleven two story villas, no elevator required, are spread throughout 100 wooded acres.
- Some guest room types include patios and balconies.
- Lawn Games; bocce ball, cornhole, horseshoes, disc golf; also available are the tennis and pickle ball courts
- Spa: steam rooms and hot tubs are currently closed*
- Pool: open 6am - 11pm with appropriate physical distancing required
- Fitness Center: open daily 6am - 8pm
- Closure complies with the Public Health Order.
The Santa Cruz Mountains are characterized by their sweeping scenery, peace and quiet. That means it's the perfect place to get away while leaving space for your health and safety. Go for a hike, take in the views, or simply relax in a room that's not your own.
- Take in amazing views of Santa Cruz from the restaurant patio
- Go for a hike along miles of hiking trails through the woods
- Play tennis or outdoor games on the sports lawn