Wine & Craft Beer
One of California’s Better Kept Secrets
One of California’s better kept secrets, the Santa Cruz Mountains, are home to nearly 50 family-owned and operated vineyards and wineries that specialize in small yield, handcrafted wines. With a winemaking tradition that dates back to the late 1800’s, local winemakers have mastered growing in the region, producing excellent Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Cabernet Sauvignon.
There are many ways to explore these wineries:
Wine Passport Days - Offer the opportunity to try wine tastings at a number of wineries, some of which are only open to the public for Passport days. This self-guided tour of the Santa Cruz Mountains includes discounts at select local restaurants, such as Chaminade's Linwood's Bar & Grill.
The Santa Cruz Mountain Winegrowers Association - Coordinates other events throughout the year and is a one-stop source for the region’s wineries.
The Swift Street Courtyard - Located on the Westside of Santa Cruz in a convenient courtyard setting are a collection of boutique wineries. Taste your way around the courtyard and then grab a quick bite at the bakery or other eateries in the vicinity.
Wine Packages are often offered at Chaminade Resort & Spa. Wine packages enable people to get a taste of what the Santa Cruz Mountains have to offer and enjoy the luxuries of a four diamond resort.
Chaminade’s Farm to Table Wine Dinners offered throughout the summer months, enable guests to try a variety of wines from throughout the Santa Cruz and Monterey County growing regions and enjoye a handcrafted locally sourced meal. Click here to learn more.
If you would like to explore the wine regions on your own, you can click here to find a map of nearby wineries.
A few wineries you may want to visit
- Historic Beauregard Vineyards in the Santa Cruz Mountains features award winning wines, grounds for picnicking and open 7 days a week.
- MJA Vineyards has two tasting rooms, one in Santa Cruz on the Westside and one in Los Gatos. Open 7 days a week, MJA Vineyards offers a variety of wine for tasting including Santa Cruz Pinot Noir.
- The vintages’ of Storrs Winery utilizes grapes selected from vineyards throughout the Santa Cruz Mountains.
- Originating from the Piedmont region of Italy, the Bargetto Winery has been carried on for three generations.
- Known for its untraditional labels Bonny Doon Vineyard offers high-end boutique vintages.
- A small boutique winery located in the rolling hills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, Bruzzone Family Vineyards, available by appointment or on Passport Weekends only.
INTRODUCING THE NEWEST REASON TO VISIT SANTA CRUZ
Santa Cruz deserves to be in the spotlight for its amazing craft beer scene and the Santa Cruz Beer Trail Passport is here to guide you on your journey. The Trail Passport embodies what the Beer Trail is all about, encouraging people to get out and discover!
The “First Release” Passport is focused on providing visitors with a self-guided expedition that showcases just how diverse and unique the Santa Cruz craft beer community truly is.
*Video Courtesy of The Santa Cruz Beer Trail*
- Boulder Creek Brewery *
- Corralitos Brewing Co.
- Discretion Brewing
- East Cliff Brewing Company
- Elkhorn Slough Brewing Co. *
- Highway 1 Brewing Company
- Humble Sea Brewery *
- New Bohemia Brewing Co.
- Sante Adairius Rustic Ales
- Santa Cruz Ale Works
- Santa Cruz Mountain Brewing
- Seabright Brewery
- Shanty Shack Brewing *
- Steel Bonnet Brewing Company
- Uncommon Brewers
* Brewery Opening Soon