Art & Culture
Explore Santa Cruz's History & Culture
Santa Cruz Museums
Looking for an educational travel experience? Visit one of Santa Cruz’s museums, just a short drive from Chaminade Resort & Spa.
- The Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History offers a variety of exhibits exploring this region's unique natural and cultural history. Located just 1 block from the Pacific Ocean and just 10 minutes from Chaminade Resort & Spa, the museum of Natural History is a great place to connect kids with nature, and inspire stewardship of the natural world.
- The Seymour Marine Discovery Center at Long Marine Laboratory offers truly unique opportunity to visit a working marine laboratory. Complete with exhibit halls, aquarium, touch tanks, tours to marine mammal research overlook, and much more, you will not want to miss out.
- The Monterey Bay Sanctuary Exploration Center, is an interactive, multi-media eco-learning experience with hands-on activities, wide-screen real-time underwater video, and other exciting exhibits fit for the whole family.
The Museum of Art & History
In addition to its outdoor sculpture garden and rooftop gallery designed to highlight pieces from the museum's permanent collection in granite, clay, bronze, and other mediums, The Museum of Art and History also displays an eclectic mix of historical collections and visiting art exhibits.
Santa Cruz Performing Arts & Entertainment
Whether you’re looking for classical music, theatre, concerts of well-known artists, or the local music scene, Santa Cruz has it all.
- With performances throughout the year, the Santa Cruz Chorale presents concerts in a cappella and with orchestras.
- The Santa Cruz County Actor's Theater is a leading producer of new plays and host to many independent productions at its theater.
- The Four-Eighteen Project performs dance theater and cultural dance expressions.
- Rio Theatre and The Catalyst book popular artists that are always a great, fun option.
- Though you won’t see them performing together there, music lovers will want to check out the Grateful Dead Archive, located at the University of California Santa Cruz.