Things to Do
Enjoy Things To Do In Santa Cruz County
Things to do in Santa Cruz are endless, including surfing, windsurfing, kiteboarding, sailing, whale watching, fishing, kayaking, tide pooling, mountain biking, hiking, horseback riding, camping, rock climbing, cycling, birding, golf, disc golf and more. Check out our list of top Summertime adventures below and don't forget to check out our line-up of resort events here:
- 36th Annual Civil War Battles at Roaring Camp Railroads
- Step back in time to experience an epic, booming battle and encampment of Union and Confederate soldiers. Memorial Day Weekend.
- Boardwalk Bowl Mayhem! Every day in May is a party at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk's bowling alley. Check out daily specials here!
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk FREE concert series begins June 16th with Eddie Money. Check out the complete summer line-up here!
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk FREE movies on the beach begins June 21st with the 30th anniversary of Santa Cruz filmed "The Lost Boys". Check out the complete summer line-up here!
- Woodies On The Wharf - 23rd annual car show at the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf
- 4th of July Celebration - World's Shortest Parade in Aptos, Ca - July 4th
- Scotts Valley 4th Of July Parade & Fireworks Show - July 4th
ONGOING SPRING & SUMMER EVENTS
Family Fun Adventures - Santa Cruz County Has It All!
Whatever pursuit you prefer, Santa Cruz offers uniquely diverse and exciting opportunities for recreation, relaxation and fun. Experience the our coastal beaches, stroll along trails of one of our many State Parks, or experience our lush Santa Cruz Mountain Wine Growing Region. The possibilities are endless here in Santa Cruz County.
Enjoy boutique shopping in Downtown Santa Cruz, on Pacific Avenue, or try Capitola Village for a quaint seaside shopping experience. Immerse yourself in local and marine culture at the Museum of Art History, Natural History Museum of Santa Cruz, or the UCSC Seymour Discovery Center.
You can't beat Roaring Camp Railroads or the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk for family fun. Travel further to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium and National Marine Sanctuary. This trip to Monterey is worth the day trip and just a quick 45 minute drive.
Whether visiting University of Santa Cruz, strolling downtown galleries on Pacific Avenue, taking in a FREE Friday Night Concert at the Beach, or just getting outside to enjoy the vast natural beauty of Santa Cruz's parks and trails, in Santa Cruz, you'll find plenty of things to do and everything you need to embrace the best of life's pleasures.