Chaminade Resort & Spa: Where Every Meeting is a Green Meeting
Before the Event . . .
- All of our Conference Event Orders are emailed through Delphi unless they request it to be faxed. All other correspondence is done over the phone or through email.
- Everything needed for a successful meeting experience, including restaurants, is located on-site to minimize the need for transportation.
- Our menus are planned based of seasonally-available ingredients and locally-sourced, going so far as to work with farmers to have access to vegetables and herbs not grown commercially. Menus can additionally be organic, upon request.
- Shuttle bus services are available as a convenience to our guests as well as a method for reducing the number of vehicles on property.
- Printed materials are printed on certified fiber sourcing paper certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative.
- The property, including guest rooms, is cleaned with Designed for the Environment (DFE)-rated organic cleaning products.
During the Event . . .
- The Resort uses tableware and cloth napkins for conference participants.
- Chaminade uses only compostable products for to-go containers, which are made of corn and potato starches. We never use Styrofoam in our services.
- Bulk condiments are used and placed on individual tables or buffet lines to eliminate the waste associated with individually-portioned items.
- All paper products, including paper towels and toilet paper, used by guests are derived from sugar cane pulp mixed with bamboo.
- Water bottles are not used on-site. Instead, water pitchers and glasses are used.
- Chaminade staff is trained to separate out compost items, recyclable items and garbage. Waste is sorted in back of house and is done consistently with all recyclable or compost items throughout the property.
- Optional linen service reduces water usage.
After the Event . . .
- Chaminade has been donating left over food to local shelters for over 8 years- currently at the rate of 5 days per week.
- All conference-related materials, including food waste, toner cartridges, e-waste, and traditionally recyclable materials will be properly disposed of and diverted from the waste stream.
Ongoing Programs . . .
- Electric Vehicles are used by staff onsite.
- Hometown Hospitality: Caring for Our Communities is a responsible corporate citizenship program at Chaminade that formalizes many active community involvement programs and engages the property as a vital contributor in its home community.
- Low flow tanks are installed throughout the property to minimize water usage.
- Most heating and air conditioning are on energy management system.
- The property uses Energy Star appliances wherever possible.
- Compact florescent lighting is used throughout the property to decrease energy usage.